Clownfish behavior

  • Thread starter Thread starter hayden48
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

hayden48

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 27, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction score
6
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my clownfish is swimming like this


All of my parameters are where they are supposed to be but it’s constantly swimming like this today
 
Looks like rapid gill movement to me. Are they in quarantine? Do you have an ammonia reader? #fishmedics
 
Looks like rapid gill movement to me. Are they in quarantine? Do you have an ammonia reader? #fishmedics
I use an ammonia alert in my tank that has always stayed at 0.02 or less. I also use a red sea test kit and api test strips and it says i have 0 ammonia. I don’t have a quarantine tank.
 
One of my clownfish is swimming like this


All of my parameters are where they are supposed to be but it’s constantly swimming like this today

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

From the stilted swimming, I’d say this is Brooklynella. I’d treat with ruby reef rally pro in the tank and perhaps a higher dose dip.
 
One of my clownfish is swimming like this


All of my parameters are where they are supposed to be but it’s constantly swimming like this today
A pure sign of brook and fish will respond well to Ruby Rally Pro and is safe for inverts and coral
 
One of my clownfish is swimming like this


All of my parameters are where they are supposed to be but it’s constantly swimming like this today
A pure sign of brook and fish will respond well to Ruby Rally Pro and is safe for inverts and coral
I setup a temporary qt tank and started dosing, will update tmrw what happens
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new