Clownfish behavior

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just caught my female doing the shakey shakey dance of good luck. However the weird thing is why is she laying in the sand and doing it? Is this a mating sign? They were both doing it. Sorry about video brightness my camera handles light weirdly. If the video doesnt play try downloading it then playing it

Attachments

• 20190811_194650.mp4
    49.3 MB

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I just caught my female doing the shakey shakey dance of good luck. However the weird thing is why is she laying in the sand and doing it? Is this a mating sign? They were both doing it. Sorry about video brightness my camera handles light weirdly. If the video doesnt play try downloading it then playing it

I wasn't able to view the video, but what you described sounds like typical mating behavior.

OP
OP
Jake_the_reefer

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen them do the seizure dance which I know is matin but it's super aggressive and on the sand bed.. they have a nice little hole dug where they've been doing it

King Turkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some fish do that when they have ick. but I am no pro when it comes to clown mating rituals.

OP
OP
Jake_the_reefer

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some fish do that when they have ick. but I am no pro when it comes to clown mating rituals.
Definitly not ich :) that is at the bottom of my list of worries. Both are super healthy and I havent introduced anything new for a long time. It's just the 2 clowns and scooter blenny all quarentined

Phil85

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine do that shaking behavior as well, both in/near anemones and on bottom. They are paired up but not mating. Not sure if it’s courting or a hierarchy thing. From what I understand many pairs don’t ever mate, they just stay roommates.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 24.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 62 32.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.1%
Back