Clownfish behaviour normal?

Lepdecko123

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 31, 2025
Messages
15
Reaction score
1
Location
Toronto
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, posting a video of my clownfish for some advice. I got him about a week ago. He often swims like this, and while swimming he’ll sometimes slightly open and close his mouth.

I’ve also noticed a faint reddish hue on the white sections of his body, but it’s only really visible at night when I shine a flashlight on him.

He’s eating well, active, and the other fish in the tank are all acting normal. Water parameters are in range and normal.

Does this seem normal/new fish adjustment behavior, or is there any cause for concern?
 
Hey everyone, posting a video of my clownfish for some advice. I got him about a week ago. He often swims like this, and while swimming he’ll sometimes slightly open and close his mouth.

I’ve also noticed a faint reddish hue on the white sections of his body, but it’s only really visible at night when I shine a flashlight on him.

He’s eating well, active, and the other fish in the tank are all acting normal. Water parameters are in range and normal.

Does this seem normal/new fish adjustment behavior, or is there any cause for concern?
I dont see anything abnormal that stands out. If feeding normal and breathing normal, simply keep an eye on it. I know some foods are limited in Canada but try to get LRS fish frenzy as well as brine shrimp, pellets and flakes fore best nutritional needs for this fish. As you may have seen, bangaii will only eat frozen foods
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new