Clownfish bitting other clownfish

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mrod91
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mrod91

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 17, 2020
Messages
125
Reaction score
28
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

i have 2 davinci clownfish. One is bigger than the other, which I’m assuming the bigger one is the female?
Anyway, this clownfish keeps bitting at my other clownfish during the night or when the blue lights are on.
So now I see little bits of his fins bitten.

what can I do? What should I do?
help please!
 
The bigger one would be the female, I had the same tho g happen to me only the male was attacking the female instead, which he eventually killed her. My lfs said sometimes the pair get fed up with each other and it happens and that sometimes they work it out and if not the one will end up killing the other, You can try isolating one then putting it back in a few days, how big is the tank? It may be they don’t have enough space
 
Watch for a secondary infection. You can isolate or let them work it out.
 
The bigger one would be the female, I had the same tho g happen to me only the male was attacking the female instead, which he eventually killed her. My lfs said sometimes the pair get fed up with each other and it happens and that sometimes they work it out and if not the one will end up killing the other, You can try isolating one then putting it back in a few days, how big is the tank? It may be they don’t have enough space
It’s a 13.5 gallon. But they’re the only fish I have.
Hmmm, I’ll let them work it out I guess, if the other one gets more aggressive I’ll have to isolate her
 
it should be big enough for just them two but then again you never know with clowns, mine too was a 13.5g, hopefully they can work it out!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new