clownfish breeding advice

maxone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a mocha storm and a regular percula clownfish and was wondering if It is possible to breed them. If so can anybody give me some pointers like the basics to breeding clownfish and some tips that just make it a lot easier

biophilia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a mocha storm and a regular percula clownfish and was wondering if It is possible to breed them. If so can anybody give me some pointers like the basics to breeding clownfish and some tips that just make it a lot easier

I can't comment on breeding those two particularly, but for breeding help with all sorts of marine fish and inverts, there is probably no better resource than Martin Moe. He does a lot of cool breeding work with diadema urchin also...

OP
OP
maxone

maxone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my percula is in my torch and my mocha storm is around it being a scardy cat and not going in the torch with the other clownfish but when the other is not in the torch they are swimming side by side so if that is what you consider bonded then yes

redeyejedi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can help once they have eggs. We had some little guys a few years ago. The female killed the male a few years after though.
20180407_162609.jpg

OP
OP
maxone

maxone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Pete Luna
would I have to put a net cover like in the picture for the heater? and like how close do they have to be when they sleep together for it to be considered them sleeping together?

OP
OP
maxone

maxone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so once they have laid eggs what should I have to be prepared for the babbies like what size tank should I have for when they decide to lay eggs and should i add a small flower pot to another tank for them to breed in and then use that tank for when the babies come out of the eggs and just take the parents out?

redeyejedi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so once they have laid eggs what should I have to be prepared for the babbies like what size tank should I have for when they decide to lay eggs and should i add a small flower pot to another tank for them to breed in and then use that tank for when the babies come out of the eggs and just take the parents out?
Mine laid eggs on the heater. They hatch like clockwork on the the 7th night so i just took the heater out on the last night and put it in the tank in the pic. No net on the heater.

OP
OP
maxone

maxone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
one more thing what food should I be feeding so that they are as healthy as can be like what is the best company and food to feed the parents

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back