nmo0ory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
i am planning on Breeding clownfish
and i want to design the system and cut it with CNC
but i want to know what is the best size for each one will be ? i want to have multi pares on the system so all of them will be in one sump
what is the best size for each one of them should it be ? and what design should i use it ?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Breeding clownfish can be a thrilling and frustrating process. One side note - I encourage you to figure out what you are going to do with the fish that are produced before you engage in a full scale breeding process (or at least have a general plan).

To help provide an answer to your specific questions, your feedback on these questions will help: How many pairs are you planning to design the system to hold? What are your plans for fry tank(s) and grow out tank(s)?

OP
OP
nmo0ory

nmo0ory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Breeding clownfish can be a thrilling and frustrating process. One side note - I encourage you to figure out what you are going to do with the fish that are produced before you engage in a full scale breeding process (or at least have a general plan).

To help provide an answer to your specific questions, your feedback on these questions will help: How many pairs are you planning to design the system to hold? What are your plans for fry tank(s) and grow out tank(s)?

Hello,
ok great here is it

How many pairs are you planning to design the system to hold? i am planing between 4-8 pairs even if i don't have them now i will make the system ready for them, what i am thinking is 1 tank divided to 4 parts, all will go to a sump.. but for each one what is the good size for it ? and for space i have all the space i need to create what i want

What are your plans for fry tank(s) and grow out tank(s)? i have already 25Gallon tank total of 12 tanks it will be in a rack for the babies and i could add more if i want to do one larger

i have some experience in raising babies but it was in freshwater.. i saw lots of video about clownfish breeding but never got the time for it was busy setup my corals tanks.. but now i am totally free and i have my friend who is going to work with me in this project.. as i saw it is not a big different than what i was doing with the freshwater fish maybe only the food is the different in the beginning i was using brine shrimp in the freshwater

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I suggest that you to check out this R2R thread for inspiration: Fish Breeding Tanks Showoff and Info Thread! Additionally, you may want to take a look at the Pro Clear Aquatic Systems display systems to use as a model if you are thinking about making your own setup out of acrylic.

For food, I would encourage you to consider using the @Reef Nutrition clown food system beginning with their Rotifer compact culture system and then the various different sizes of TDO Chroma Boost which can be purchased in a breeder pack.

OP
OP
nmo0ory

nmo0ory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suggest that you to check out this R2R thread for inspiration: Fish Breeding Tanks Showoff and Info Thread! Additionally, you may want to take a look at the Pro Clear Aquatic Systems display systems to use as a model if you are thinking about making your own setup out of acrylic.

For food, I would encourage you to consider using the @Reef Nutrition clown food system beginning with their Rotifer compact culture system and then the various different sizes of TDO Chroma Boost which can be purchased in a breeder pack.

ok amazing that would really help me
i will take a look at it to see some of the design

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 32.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back