Clownfish Breeding with Brine Shrimp

yeon.joon.hong

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the fry hatched in the frag tank by the care of the parents. Two hours after the lights went out they hatched. I took a little cup to get them into the larvae tank. The temperature in my frag tank is around 26°C (~79°F). I use the water of the frag tank for the larvae tank for less stress of the larvae. I use an aquael 25w heater but I think it doesn't matter which heater u use.
For test the ammonia I use this ammonia alert cause it's very easy to control the ammonia when it gets to high I change some water.
At the moment I don't tint the water but next time I will try it with because I think they have less stress when the lights are a little bit darker. Also I've read that they see the food better in tinted water. If you have any other questions feel free to ask them. Good luck with your fry!!!

and all you fed were brine shrimp....? and they didn't hatch in the larval tank? why didn't you just move the pot or tile 0-0

yeon.joon.hong

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you should make a youtube video on this
So the fry hatched in the frag tank by the care of the parents. Two hours after the lights went out they hatched. I took a little cup to get them into the larvae tank. The temperature in my frag tank is around 26°C (~79°F). I use the water of the frag tank for the larvae tank for less stress of the larvae. I use an aquael 25w heater but I think it doesn't matter which heater u use.
For test the ammonia I use this ammonia alert cause it's very easy to control the ammonia when it gets to high I change some water.
At the moment I don't tint the water but next time I will try it with because I think they have less stress when the lights are a little bit darker. Also I've read that they see the food better in tinted water. If you have any other questions feel free to ask them. Good luck with your fry!!!

how'd you get them to breed and how often do they breed for you lol

CoralsDE

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and all you fed were brine shrimp....? and they didn't hatch in the larval tank? why didn't you just move the pot or tile 0-0
I think the parental care is the best. Also they hatched on two different days half of the fry at one day and the rest one day later what makes it also a little bit more difficult.

yeon.joon.hong

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only brine shrimp.
Hey I'm working on a brine shrimp hatchery diy and it's gonna look really good and will be easy to use can I ship it over to you or something? I want to see if it helps you. Also how much brine shrimp did you feed and how often

CoralsDE

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I'm working on a brine shrimp hatchery diy and it's gonna look really good and will be easy to use can I ship it over to you or something? I want to see if it helps you. Also how much brine shrimp did you feed and how often
I think it would be very difficult to send it to me because I live in Germany. I use these brine shrimps:

This are brine shrimp eggs without peel. I don't know if there is a company also in the US which produces them.

Last edited:

CoralsDE

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wowowowo what food do you use how many times a day do you feed. what's your light cycle. do you use any blue light. and what's the temperature.
At the moment they get 3 times a day fed. One time clownfish pallets from fauna marin, one time Mysis, and they also get some of the new hatched brine shrimp.

CoralsDE

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wowowowo what food do you use how many times a day do you feed. what's your light cycle. do you use any blue light. and what's the temperature.
Temperature is around 79°F
The light is heavy blue. Most of my corals are zoanthids, mushrooms and lps they do not need that much white light.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210824_133518_com.aquaillumination.prime.jpg
    Screenshot_20210824_133518_com.aquaillumination.prime.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 36

CoralsDE

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here a short video of a 11day old one still in the metamorphosis.

Attachments

• VID_20210824_171554.mp4
    13.1 MB

yeon.joon.hong

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh how long do the eggs take to hatch them for you since they don't have peels
I think it would be very difficult to send it to me because I live in Germany. I use these brine shrimps:

This are brine shrimp eggs without peel. I don't know if there is a company also in the US which produces them.

yeon.joon.hong

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

thanks, what temperature do you use for your larval tank with your heater? did you really only feed brine shrimp? that's honestly so cool because everyone's saying rotifers rotifers rotifers and I'm more experienced with breeding freshwater fish like koi which use brine shrimp. When'd u start feeding the brine shrimp? and oh for the tint use rg complete it's the cheapest and the best for clownfish because sometimes the algae dies and release toxins.

yeon.joon.hong

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the clownfish are now 8 days old. I had a problem with my heater that's why I lost around 20-30 fish. Now are around 25-30 still alive. I have the problem that some of the clownfish are hanging on the glas like you can see in the video. Does anybody know why they are doing this?
also update on the clowns you sent here?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back