Clownfish breeding

YoCamron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I have never tried breeding any saltwater fish (lots of freshwater though), so I wanted to start off with clowns. I know how to take care of the fry and all, but the problem is getting a pair. Would I be better off buying a pair off of ebay or just buying a colony of 6-7 clowns and letting 2 pair up and put the rest in a different tank? Just want to gather some opinions, this is an idea I have had for a while and want to pursue with it son. Thank you

Bunnee911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or get two of different sizes. The largest will become female and the least will stay/become a male. Only works for the more sedate varieties. Percula, false percula.

Rudimenta

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or get two of different sizes. The largest will become female and the least will stay/become a male. Only works for the more sedate varieties. Percula, false percula.

True, in my experience this can take just as long, but somehow others have much quicker "luck". But patience and stable environment is really the key. Change tanks, make a change to a tank, some kind of minor crash and from my experience you can just as well reset the clock.

rgopaul

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pair would be quicker if you can find them but can get expensive depending on type. It will take a long time for young ones and you will have to maintain a good environment for this to happen. Good luck!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 50 75.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back