Clownfish breeding

edc_aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve watch’s a ton of videos on YouTube of how to breed clownfish and I still don’t understand it so can someone help me

FLAdaboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Throw them in a tank, over feed them, increase the temp and watch them do it. That’s pretty much it. The first few times, you may yield a few offspring. After that, you’ll be a pro. There are fine details that you can read about or watch a video online.

Jk120

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get Joyce Wilkersons book about clownfish breeding. I think it's about $15 on Amazon. It was published in the late 90s I think but still the best Info on the subject today. Helped me out tremendously. The first time I tried I got 1 clownfish. Second time I got 70 clownfish. There now 6 weeks old. The only things I do different than what Joyce's book says to do is I don't feed baby brine. I use TDO from Reeds Mariculture and I put greenwater in larvae tank after they've hatched . I also get greenwater from Reeds.

0422181459a.jpg

OP
OP
edc_aquarium

edc_aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get Joyce Wilkersons book about clownfish breeding. I think it's about $15 on Amazon. It was published in the late 90s I think but still the best Info on the subject today. Helped me out tremendously. The first time I tried I got 1 clownfish. Second time I got 70 clownfish. There now 6 weeks old. The only things I do different than what Joyce's book says to do is I don't feed baby brine. I use TDO from Reeds Mariculture and I put greenwater in larvae tank after they've hatched . I also get greenwater from Reeds.

0422181459a.jpg
Was it difficult?

Larry L

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if it helps to dim the lights and play some Luther Vandross music...

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never tried to keep the fry but mine lay eggs all the time. Large pink clusters. Then he tends them until they eventually hatch and disappear. Might buy that of hers and try keeping them. But then what would I do with all the clowns? I already have a tank with 80+ saltwater molly's.

Shelley

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 27 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.8%
Back