clownfish breeding

majesticbigmac

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, this will be my first attempt at raising clownfish. I have an idea, I would like to hear everyone's opinion.

So, I have a 75ltr tank, with 2 clowns and a crab. There is rock but no sand or any coral. I have commonly moved the clownfish to a different tank due to a variety of problems, but all is stable atm.

Here is my plan, please feel free to attest towards this:

On the day of hatch, complete 80% water change, relocate clowns and crab to another tank (I cannot put the fry in this tank as there is coral and fish, and cannot setup another tank due to space). I understand a large quantity of Rotifers+FHBB is needed, which I have prepared. I fill the tank to 40%, turn off pump and add air pump+heater and blackout all sides.
Will this be sufficient for the larvae? It all seems to work out to me, except the stress towards the clowns, however they have gotten use to relocation, so all should be good.
Please feel free to pick any holes in my plan and any advice you may have.

Unitylover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 80% water change isnt needed, as it might wreck havoc on the biological filter.
And you can just buy a 8 gallon container from the store and put some tank water in it.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I answered your other thread- No need to cross-post.
Do Nothing- no water change, nothing. If you disturb the environment, parents are likely yo eat the eggs. I have 3 breeding pairs and learned the hard way to leave them alone

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, this will be my first attempt at raising clownfish. I have an idea, I would like to hear everyone's opinion.

So, I have a 75ltr tank, with 2 clowns and a crab. There is rock but no sand or any coral. I have commonly moved the clownfish to a different tank due to a variety of problems, but all is stable atm.

Here is my plan, please feel free to attest towards this:

On the day of hatch, complete 80% water change, relocate clowns and crab to another tank (I cannot put the fry in this tank as there is coral and fish, and cannot setup another tank due to space). I understand a large quantity of Rotifers+FHBB is needed, which I have prepared. I fill the tank to 40%, turn off pump and add air pump+heater and blackout all sides.
Will this be sufficient for the larvae? It all seems to work out to me, except the stress towards the clowns, however they have gotten use to relocation, so all should be good.
Please feel free to pick any holes in my plan and any advice you may have.

No 80% change it will mess up tank

If you need to use that tank just get a breeder net.

You will need small foods for them, maybe raise some baby shrimp

Also, Fish will eat their eggs if stressed at all so be careful

If the tank has unstable or poor params they will die

-----------------------------------------------------------------

heres my bucket setup I say for most:

large bucket/tub (10 gallons would be great)

small 3 gal or so bucket

Cheap Preset Heater x 2

Sponge Powered Air Filter x 2

use the large one for the fry, small one for food

Back