Clownfish compatibility crisis

JayCalifornia

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello guys ive had a marron clownfish and a blood orange clownfish in separate tanks and ive been thinking about maybe putting them together in my 75 gallon tank. The only reasoning behind it is because i heard the blood orange is a cross with a maroon and an ocellaris clown so i wanted some expert advice on whether or not they would be compatible thank you.

Nanoreefer4ever

View Badges
Reaction score
The maroon is aggressive when another clownfish smaller than it. I would put the blood orangenin first than the maroon, but if they fight than the maroon doesn't care lol

Last edited:

CavalierReef

View Badges
Reaction score
I had a maroon that would attack a Picasso trigger fish. You might want to introduce the blood orange to the tank in an acrylic/glass container to see how the maroon reacts. They are certainly both beautiful fish but I recommend you proceed with caution. Please keep us posted on what you decide and how it goes.

OP
J

JayCalifornia

View Badges
Reaction score
the blood orange was the one already established so i added the maroon with caution and almost immediatly he went after the maroon clown so i unfortunately had to separate them oh well.

DSB or Deep Sand Beds (check all that apply to you)

• Yes I run a DSB

Votes: 35 23.8%
  • No I do not run a DSB

Votes: 78 53.1%
  • A DSB is a good idea

Votes: 21 14.3%
  • I do not think a DSB is a good idea

Votes: 29 19.7%
  • I have had a DSB in the past

Votes: 25 17.0%
  • I will have a DSB in the future

Votes: 8 5.4%