Clownfish compatibility crisis

JayCalifornia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys ive had a marron clownfish and a blood orange clownfish in separate tanks and ive been thinking about maybe putting them together in my 75 gallon tank. The only reasoning behind it is because i heard the blood orange is a cross with a maroon and an ocellaris clown so i wanted some expert advice on whether or not they would be compatible thank you.

Nanoreefer4ever

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The maroon is aggressive when another clownfish smaller than it. I would put the blood orangenin first than the maroon, but if they fight than the maroon doesn't care lol

Last edited:

CavalierReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a maroon that would attack a Picasso trigger fish. You might want to introduce the blood orange to the tank in an acrylic/glass container to see how the maroon reacts. They are certainly both beautiful fish but I recommend you proceed with caution. Please keep us posted on what you decide and how it goes.

OP
OP
J

JayCalifornia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the blood orange was the one already established so i added the maroon with caution and almost immediatly he went after the maroon clown so i unfortunately had to separate them oh well.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 168 62.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 25.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 70 25.9%
Back