Clownfish food and future fish food

Runnin'Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! Currently exploring food for my newly purchased clowns. I have a container of Omega One Marine flakes, but my little guys don't seem to love it. I'm thinking about getting a pellet and flake mix and some frozen mysis shrimp. The container I have was given to me by the guy I got my tank from. What would everyone suggest? Should I get more than this food too?

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine eat everything. I like diversity brine shrimp, mysis, LRS fish frenzy and the same flake that you use. In the morning the food is soaked in Selcon and at night Selcon and Vitachem.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a big fan of Selcon and used it for 16 years before getting out of the hobby so when I got back in I automatically began using it. I read good things about Vitachem and started using it as well. Fish are fat, happy and disease free. Would they be if I didn’t, idk but probably. I just feel better knowing Im trying to give them the best nutrition I can.

OP
OP
R

Runnin'Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a big fan of Selcon and used it for 16 years before getting out of the hobby so when I got back in I automatically began using it. I read good things about Vitachem and started using it as well. Fish are fat, happy and disease free. Would they be if I didn’t, idk but probably. I just feel better knowing Im trying to give them the best nutrition I can.
I like that thinking! I'm definitely trying to start off right and want to make sure my fish are as healthy as can be!

newbie2014

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns are typically not picky eaters. I feed mine stored bought frozen (mysis, brine , LRS, ROD's) and shaved frozen clams. I have a small package of TDO Chroma Boost in the fridge for when I'm away. My clowns are healthy enough to spawn regular. Never used any vitamins. Nor flakes.

OP
OP
R

Runnin'Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns are typically not picky eaters. I feed mine stored bought frozen (mysis, brine , LRS, ROD's) and shaved frozen clams. I have a small package of TDO Chroma Boost in the fridge for when I'm away. My clowns are healthy enough to spawn regular. Never used any vitamins. Nor flakes.
I think I'm gonna get some frozen food and TDO. With the frozen food do you just break a little chunk off?

newbie2014

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I'm gonna get some frozen food and TDO. With the frozen food do you just break a little chunk off?
Yes.
I usually get the flat packs. They're cheaper and last longer. I rinse Piscine Mysis. All the other ones, I just put a chunk (good for 2 feedings) in DI H2O to thaw, mix and feed.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back