Clownfish food

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello, So I just made a new tank yesterday, right now it is cycling, but I know that you need to put in food in the tank to spread out the chems and stuff, so what clownfish food should I use? and the same food to feed the 1-2 clowns :D(ocellaris)(its a 11.3 gal cube tank)

thanks,
stewy

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the new system!

so you started a tank yesterday and you added 2 clowns already? Just want to make sure I understand the situation. Can you provide a video or photos of the system and let us know what equipment, rock and sand you are using?

JTP424

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe he is wanting to ghost feed to start the cycle? Can you confirm @stewy14

JTP424

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coolio, let's take a step back and get some info!
11 gallon tank, any rock sand media? What's in the tank now? Include all livestock/chemicals/anything you've put in it! How long has it been running and have you been checking the parameters?

OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coolio, let's take a step back and get some info!
11 gallon tank, any rock sand media? What's in the tank now? Include all livestock/chemicals/anything you've put in it! How long has it been running and have you been checking the parameters?
rock sand media? i got live rock, bacteria, a coral(as in a liverock) and its been running for 2 days now(3 today)i have been checking parameters, everything is perfect

JTP424

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, supposed to be a comma in there! live rock is good, bacteria - do you mean a bottled type? what brand etc? Is it an actual coral or the liverock is shaped like a coral? (feel free to post a pic!)
Can you list your parameters?
If you used bacteria to jumpstart (depending on what you used) you may not need to ghost feed. just watch your parameters until they level (depending on bacteria use a week or two)

Then you should be set! I'll let others chime in from here :)

OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, supposed to be a comma in there! live rock is good, bacteria - do you mean a bottled type? what brand etc? Is it an actual coral or the liverock is shaped like a coral? (feel free to post a pic!)
Can you list your parameters?
If you used bacteria to jumpstart (depending on what you used) you may not need to ghost feed. just watch your parameters until they level (depending on bacteria use a week or two)

Then you should be set! I'll let others chime in from here :)
yes bottled type, i forget what brand, the liverock is tideline reef rock, i use test strips for the parameters and they all came out of safe(the reviews were great on amazon, they are tetra easystrips, they seem pretty reliable by most people)

lmfbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a note - generally when people ask for parameters on here 'good' or 'safe' or 'normal' isn't very helpful for people giving you advice. What people are interested in are the actual numbers.

Also - generally speaking, test strips aren't generally a reliable way of testing. Consider Redsea, Salifert and Hanna - they're generally the go-to for most people.

OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a note - generally when people ask for parameters on here 'good' or 'safe' or 'normal' isn't very helpful for people giving you advice. What people are interested in are the actual numbers.

Also - generally speaking, test strips aren't generally a reliable way of testing. Consider Redsea, Salifert and Hanna - they're generally the go-to for most people.
ive considered those, but they are way out of budget for me, I really don't know why test things gotta be $100 in total, ive watched some vids, done A LOT of research on these test strips, and they seem to be very good and competitive with the ones you gave me

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back