OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont mean for my post to be harsh, but you obviously have started some research, but have jumped in too quick (not too late for correction)

You just need to finish your research and learning to get going successfully
I cant find the types XD :(((((((((((((((((((((((((

OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see why this is hard, just get the parameters kinda stable from what I'm reading, good flow, and good lighting, at least my rock nearly juts out of my tank (XD, my parameters have not swinged at all, so... a month into this tank, this seems fine...............................)

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see why this is hard, just get the parameters kinda stable from what I'm reading, good flow, and good lighting, at least my rock nearly juts out of my tank (XD, my parameters have not swinged at all, so... a month into this tank, this seems fine...............................)
People tend to overcomplixate things. The hard part isn't attaining certain parameters, it's maintaining them with extreme consistency. This means strict routines and good habits and sticking to it.

TehBrainz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant find the types XD :(((((((((((((((((((((((((
One of your earlier posts is almost there. You mentioned acros, a montipora, rockflower nem, and goniopora.

You can use these videos as a starting point. Where did you buy them from? Local LFS or online vendor? If online they should have more info if you ask.

Montipora:

Acros:

Goniopora:

OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of your earlier posts is almost there. You mentioned acros, a montipora, rockflower nem, and goniopora.

You can use these videos as a starting point. Where did you buy them from? Local LFS or online vendor? If online they should have more info if you ask.

Montipora:

Acros:

Goniopora:

sbbcorals.com is where I bought it from

TehBrainz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People tend to overcomplixate things. The hard part isn't attaining certain parameters, it's maintaining them with extreme consistency. This means strict routines and good habits and sticking to it.

Part of the consistency in parameters comes from age of the tank as well as your persistence in the maintenance program, this includes testing testing testing.

As you mentioned earlier you don't have alk or calcium tests. You absolutely need to monitor the parameters mentioned by @vetteguy53081 and myself earlier in this thread for consistency.

Also, parameters never stay the same. Think of testing like a quick snapshot in time. Parameters like pH and alkalinity swing naturally throughout the day, temperature can swing based on the controls for your heater, etc. So it's good to pick a specific time and specific day(s) for testing and, at minimum, test at those times

OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Part of the consistency in parameters comes from age of the tank as well as your persistence in the maintenance program, this includes testing testing testing.

As you mentioned earlier you don't have alk or calcium tests. You absolutely need to monitor the parameters mentioned by @vetteguy53081 and myself earlier in this thread for consistency.

Also, parameters never stay the same. Think of testing like a quick snapshot in time. Parameters like pH and alkalinity swing naturally throughout the day, temperature can swing based on the controls for your heater, etc. So it's good to pick a specific time and specific day(s) for testing and, at minimum, test at those times
im at school all day, so I usually test at like 330 on around Tuesdays or Thursdays, sometimes Wednesday

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back