Clownfish food

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello, So I just made a new tank yesterday, right now it is cycling, but I know that you need to put in food in the tank to spread out the chems and stuff, so what clownfish food should I use? and the same food to feed the 1-2 clowns :D(ocellaris)

thanks,
stewy

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
for next time, one thread is enough. just have to give members time to encounter the thread and reply to it.

did you use any bottled bacteria or the like to "start" the cycle? you should likely follow along their instructions if you did

any regular saltwater fish food would be enough for the clownfish, whenever you get them(i hope they're not in the tank as it is still cycling). i've used: LRS reef frenzy, reef nutrition TDO pellets(as well as their other foods like phyto, oyster eggs, etc)

OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for next time, one thread is enough. just have to give members time to encounter the thread and reply to it.

did you use any bottled bacteria or the like to "start" the cycle? you should likely follow along their instructions if you did

any regular fish food would be enough for the clownfish, whenever you get them(i hope they're not in the tank as it is still cycling). i've used: LRS reef frenzy, reef nutrition TDO pellets(as well as their other foods like phyto, oyster eggs, etc)
oops sorry for that, I thought it was like reddit channels or something like that and didnt go into other things, sorry, and yes, bacteria wa used, and I am not cycling with fish lol, and out of the foods you used, which do you think were the best?

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
oops sorry for that, I thought it was like reddit channels or something like that and didnt go into other things, sorry, and yes, bacteria wa used, and I am not cycling with fish lol, and out of the foods you used, which do you think were the best?
no worries!

all foods worked the same for me. you can't go wrong with any of the mentioned choices. hikari is also a good brand

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back