Clownfish for mixed reef

Hudsonfo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi;

I have always been a fan of tomato clownfish and I used to have one many years ago which never seemed to show aggression.

iv been considering getting a pair for my 525l aquarium, but have been warned by a friend about their aggression.

what’s your thoughts?

also if you don’t think they are appropriate - are any of the other larger clownfish species more suitable;

clarkii; allards, sebae?
otherwise I will go for skunks - I’m just not as much of a fan of oscellaris or percula.

thank you in anticipation!!

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi;

I have always been a fan of tomato clownfish and I used to have one many years ago which never seemed to show aggression.

iv been considering getting a pair for my 525l aquarium, but have been warned by a friend about their aggression.

what’s your thoughts?

also if you don’t think they are appropriate - are any of the other larger clownfish species more suitable;

clarkii; allards, sebae?
otherwise I will go for skunks - I’m just not as much of a fan of oscellaris or percula.

thank you in anticipation!!
They do have a bad reputation but I don’t think every pair will act the same. I would go for it and just have a back up plan in place. Maybe ask your lfs if they will take them should they turn aggressive

OP
OP
Hudsonfo

Hudsonfo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thankyou, have you got any thoughts on clarkii clownfish/allards - seem to hear a bit less about them being aggresive but I guess the same still applies - each fish will be different hey!

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thankyou, have you got any thoughts on clarkii clownfish/allards - seem to hear a bit less about them being aggresive but I guess the same still applies - each fish will be different hey!
Clarkiis are less aggressive then the tomatoes, they get bigger and offer more color variations. I would go for the clarkii if it were me.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 154 61.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 27.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 88 35.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.7%
Back