Clownfish for mixed reef

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hudsonfo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Hudsonfo

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 16, 2021
Messages
31
Reaction score
12
Location
Brisbane
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi;

I have always been a fan of tomato clownfish and I used to have one many years ago which never seemed to show aggression.

iv been considering getting a pair for my 525l aquarium, but have been warned by a friend about their aggression.

what’s your thoughts?

also if you don’t think they are appropriate - are any of the other larger clownfish species more suitable;

clarkii; allards, sebae?
otherwise I will go for skunks - I’m just not as much of a fan of oscellaris or percula.

thank you in anticipation!!
 
Hi;

I have always been a fan of tomato clownfish and I used to have one many years ago which never seemed to show aggression.

iv been considering getting a pair for my 525l aquarium, but have been warned by a friend about their aggression.

what’s your thoughts?

also if you don’t think they are appropriate - are any of the other larger clownfish species more suitable;

clarkii; allards, sebae?
otherwise I will go for skunks - I’m just not as much of a fan of oscellaris or percula.

thank you in anticipation!!
They do have a bad reputation but I don’t think every pair will act the same. I would go for it and just have a back up plan in place. Maybe ask your lfs if they will take them should they turn aggressive
 
thankyou, have you got any thoughts on clarkii clownfish/allards - seem to hear a bit less about them being aggresive but I guess the same still applies - each fish will be different hey!
 
thankyou, have you got any thoughts on clarkii clownfish/allards - seem to hear a bit less about them being aggresive but I guess the same still applies - each fish will be different hey!
Clarkiis are less aggressive then the tomatoes, they get bigger and offer more color variations. I would go for the clarkii if it were me.
 
Clarkiis are less aggressive then the tomatoes, they get bigger and offer more color variations. I would go for the clarkii if it were me.
ok brilliant - thank you :) - i may just follow your advice
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new