Clownfish Grow-Out Set-Up

  • Thread starter Thread starter SnowDog
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SnowDog

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 26, 2017
Messages
119
Reaction score
81
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting to plan out my set-up for a grow-out system and not sure how to handle growing out fish from different hatches. For example, after I move my first group of fish to the grow-out system, then hatch the second group a couple weeks later. Can I then just add the second group to the same tank with the first group creating a mixed group in terms of size/age?
 
From my experience, as long as they are eating the same type and same size of food, they can share a tank. I feed them lot of food so they never have to compete (much) to get food. Aggression were never a problem among hundred of them in 40g breeders.

When they were younger, sub 20-30 days old, I do have each batch in their own 10g tank though.
 
I'm starting to plan out my set-up for a grow-out system and not sure how to handle growing out fish from different hatches. For example, after I move my first group of fish to the grow-out system, then hatch the second group a couple weeks later. Can I then just add the second group to the same tank with the first group creating a mixed group in terms of size/age?

If they are only a few weeks apart, it shouldn't make too much of a difference. I've had clowns in a 40b growout that were about a month apart and there were no problems.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new