Clownfish Grow-Out Set-Up

SnowDog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting to plan out my set-up for a grow-out system and not sure how to handle growing out fish from different hatches. For example, after I move my first group of fish to the grow-out system, then hatch the second group a couple weeks later. Can I then just add the second group to the same tank with the first group creating a mixed group in terms of size/age?

WesleyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my experience, as long as they are eating the same type and same size of food, they can share a tank. I feed them lot of food so they never have to compete (much) to get food. Aggression were never a problem among hundred of them in 40g breeders.

When they were younger, sub 20-30 days old, I do have each batch in their own 10g tank though.

WestOhooligan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting to plan out my set-up for a grow-out system and not sure how to handle growing out fish from different hatches. For example, after I move my first group of fish to the grow-out system, then hatch the second group a couple weeks later. Can I then just add the second group to the same tank with the first group creating a mixed group in terms of size/age?

If they are only a few weeks apart, it shouldn't make too much of a difference. I've had clowns in a 40b growout that were about a month apart and there were no problems.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back