Clownfish Harem Tank (one day)

Jason boles

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 7, 2018
Messages
565
Reaction score
459
Location
Houston
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
first full tank shot where you can see all the nems at once

2 carpets

8 BTA

Once I have the BTA population I will add 15 black storm and 15 mocha storm baby clowns all at once!! Can’t wait.

05D533F9-E491-4A0C-B802-B8C88F3D460C.jpeg
 
It’s an innovative Marine 112 INT (wish I would have done ext…. Too late now.
 

Attachments

  • C5D99C30-2FB5-42FC-AB6F-4096B79F0A0C.png
    C5D99C30-2FB5-42FC-AB6F-4096B79F0A0C.png
    152.5 KB · Views: 151
Are you taking into considering adult sizes? 30 babies is fine but they grow. And will get aggressive with each other and even kill each other off. looking forward to seeing it!
 
I did do my reasearch. I have 2 carpets, one is already 18 inch round and the other is approaching a foot. I also have 9bta.

Current plan is to swap tanks to my 180 (it’s dry sitting), and also wait until I have 20 plus bta.

After researching the higher number allows the aggression to be spread out, and with enough space a pecking order can be formed as they mature.

That said I do have my fragaliscous tank that can take two and a couple sumps for emergencies.
 
Thank you!! It started all black, but I wasn’t able to stomach the rocks getting on top of the carpet nem…. So I piled the back around the perimeter and did the sand! I like it as well. Happy accident.

Day time photo! These nems!
132A6D8C-0D0F-4C34-9BAE-064EF1335733.jpeg
 
Thank you!! It started all black, but I wasn’t able to stomach the rocks getting on top of the carpet nem…. So I piled the back around the perimeter and did the sand! I like it as well. Happy accident.

Day time photo! These nems!
132A6D8C-0D0F-4C34-9BAE-064EF1335733.jpeg
Sometimes accidents are a good thing lol.
 
Following along, really been considering this exact tank! Like the layout of the 112
 
The flow is a PITA to be honest. My suggestion is to get multiple small pumps. I got larger ones and can barely turn them on
 
Cool! Following!
 
My carpets have been on the move, both of them for a few days…. I did adjust the flow so I’m assuming they will eventually stop.

Fun feeding pic!
 

Attachments

  • D471B0FE-5C81-44F2-AF6F-982542E87FB3.jpeg
    D471B0FE-5C81-44F2-AF6F-982542E87FB3.jpeg
    148.2 KB · Views: 132
  • 7A9F1F74-98FA-44C7-9CEE-CCE3F7DDC8C9.jpeg
    7A9F1F74-98FA-44C7-9CEE-CCE3F7DDC8C9.jpeg
    133.4 KB · Views: 110
Sorry! Just seeing the responses.
That is a noghtime photo with a camera flash. Here it is in the day.

It is a pic of what a mushroom looks like splitting its foot off!! Pretty groovy. Each little spot is a piece, and new shroom.
993E3A09-6BC8-475D-8811-DB7BBEFC9E46.jpeg
D2A32E9E-81BE-453F-9323-4107C5084FDB.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new