Clownfish harem

Amboss72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking to setup a clownfish harem tank. I need 15-20 clownfish from the same clutch. Anybody out there who can help me or steer me in the direction of someone reputable for such a purchase? Thank you

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking to setup a clownfish harem tank. I need 15-20 clownfish from the same clutch. Anybody out there who can help me or steer me in the direction of someone reputable for such a purchase? Thank you

Perhaps @Cultivated Reef would be a good source. I only have purchased corals from them but have corresponded over Clownfish questions. Solid company.

http://cultivatedreef.com/

Last edited:

Doritos99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on what kind of clownfish you want for your harem

people who specialize in certain species

Johnnyg.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cultivated reef was very accommodating to me when purchasing my harem. Email them. Holly was exceptional.

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking of doing the same, did you establish your tank with anemones first?
Saying that you can get juveniles from the same clutch, can you mix different clutches so that there are a variety?

TIA

Johnnyg.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking of doing the same, did you establish your tank with anemones first?
Saying that you can get juveniles from the same clutch, can you mix different clutches so that there are a variety?

TIA
My anemones has been in the tank for a while. I just got a new bta but it’s still glaring around looking for a home.

Mixing the clutches from what I understand just adds the possibility of more aggression.

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My anemones has been in the tank for a while. I just got a new bta but it’s still glaring around looking for a home.

Mixing the clutches from what I understand just adds the possibility of more aggression.

Agree, probably not a good idea, maybe a better idea if you want variety might be a clutch of designers w/ varying patterns instead.

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s no sure way to do it. Same clutch doesn’t always work. There’s a big thread on it in the nem/clown forum.

Chad Vossen’s clowns are incredible. I’d highly recommend his for sure.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 35.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 31.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back