clownfish harem

  • Thread starter Thread starter CakeyCake
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

CakeyCake

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 14, 2020
Messages
32
Reaction score
60
Location
South SF Bay Area
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! Im thinking of starting a clownfish harem tank(again) and was wondering if I could add two of my clowns as the dominant pair. I'll be buying very young clowns, so I'm assuming they wouldnt fight the dominant pair.

Would this be fine or should I keep them out of the harem? I'm totally fine with not adding them, I just thought it would be nice to move them into an even bigger tank
 
That will not work. You need to start a harem with all juveniles
 
Im doing the same thing
You want to get them all small from the same batch, because they have already began to develop their social hierarchy. If you put a pair in with the rest, the pair will kill everyone.
 
Where are you guys getting your clutch from?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new