Clownfish has a tumor

FyreTex

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 8, 2021
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
Houston
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clownfish is about 10 yrs old and today I noticed a large growth on her. I had to have developed in the last 2-3 days because it wasn’t there before I went out of town. Take a look and tell me if anyone has seen something like this? What is it?
03E52800-8F01-40EC-9285-B495F6B16A8F.jpeg
3FB7F9C9-8931-41E5-B2E7-A17819530026.jpeg
850F5F2E-7F5F-439B-A715-51C782366886.jpeg
 
best case its a nerve sheath tumor, or something that won't warm the fish. Theres not much you can do beyond finding a literal fish surgeon to remove it or do tissue analysis
 
Thanks for the response and sorry about the late reply. My clownfish ended up dying a few days after my post. I knew it wouldn't be long because her mate died about a month ago and they had been paired for over 10 years.
 
:( sorry, I know how stressful it can be for the fish you've had a long time.

My 7 year old male just started swimming head down and slightly upside down, so I hope he is not doomed. He's in rough shape, but I caught him tonight, meds come tomorrow for some antibiotics and antiparasites. So your post is hitting home for me
 
so sorry for both of you! Nothing worse than losing a long term friend even if it is just old age :(

Fingers crossed the meds work @Nburg rooting for ya!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new