Clownfish in 10 gallon?

philip.aasen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey. I was wondering if it is posible to house 2 clownfish in a 10 gallon temporary. I am getting a small 10 gallon frag tank, and I’m thinking of re scaping the tank, and I don’t want to risk anything. Is it possible to house them in this tank for a month while the main tank cycles back to normal. (This would be after the frag tank has cycled)

Matt Bravo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on the size it’s very doable, I had 2 super small ones and they side very nicely. Then got upgraded of course, but yes go for it

Upvote 0

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns will pick an object to host and just stay near that object until they find something new to host.
So they are not picky swimmers like Tangs.

So as long as its not a Maroon clown, which will kill everything you add in the tank later on, id say go for it.
But do note, clowns are MEAN as hell when they start hosting something, and are known to attack everything including your hands.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

philip.aasen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns will pick an object to host and just stay near that object until they find something new to host.
So they are not picky swimmers like Tangs.

So as long as its not a Maroon clown, which will kill everything you add in the tank later on, id say go for it.
But do note, clowns are MEAN as hell when they start hosting something, and are known to attack everything including your hands.
Thank you. They are mean as hell. Only have them to for over a year, tried with a couple of cardinals but they killed one so haven’t tried with anything else. They attack my frags and hands like crazy

Upvote 0

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. They are mean as hell. Only have them to for over a year, tried with a couple of cardinals but they killed one so haven’t tried with anything else. They attack my frags and hands like crazy

My pair fell in love with flipping over Astrea snails...
So whenever a snail gets near the Duncan they took home to, they knock them off the wall and flip them over.
I labeled them serial Astrea killers, and they are the main reason i need to restock Astrea's twice a year, as Torchus snails are just too big for my tank.

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 81 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back