Clownfish in a Reef tank

Include Clownfish or NOT?

  • Yes, they're worth the agression

    Votes: 10 90.9%
  • If I could go back, I wouldn't have clowns

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No way, not for me

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    11

LavenderTi

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 12, 2022
Messages
414
Reaction score
423
Location
PDX
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All my fish are in QT, so now is a time to re-evaluate who goes back in the DT. I have a pretty mean full grown female Snowflake clown that's paired up with a small storm. She likes to bite my hand while I do anything in the tank. I'm trying to decide between: do I get rid of just the big clown and replace with a juvenile OR get rid of both.
 
I couldn’t imagine having a saltwater tank without a pair of clowns. I have ocellaris clowns that are very passive and coming up on 2 years in my tank. I would never have another maroon clown. Pure evil. I do have a diamond watchman goby that bites anything that goes in the corner where I introduce food, including my fingers, but it doesn’t hurt.
 
All my fish are in QT, so now is a time to re-evaluate who goes back in the DT. I have a pretty mean full grown female Snowflake clown that's paired up with a small storm. She likes to bite my hand while I do anything in the tank. I'm trying to decide between: do I get rid of just the big clown and replace with a juvenile OR get rid of both.
Honestly, I find clowns overrated. I only have one and I wouldn’t want another purely because she attacks anything that goes too close to her yuma rock (which is a good 10”x9” now).
 
I have two Ocellaris. Both very passive toward me and only slightly protective of their territory when they have eggs. I would certainly have another pair in the future if starting fresh.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new