Clownfish in Corner

  • Thread starter Thread starter ReefEsq
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ReefEsq

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2018
Messages
96
Reaction score
53
Location
North Bergen, New Jersey
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think there is anything wrong with my clownfish in terms of their health, but just curious if anyone has had a similar experience that might shed some light as to why my clowns insist on camping the front, right corner of my tank, almost at the surface. They're both orange storms, maybe 1.5 - 2 inches in size, eat well, no aggression, etc. The tank is an IM 50 EXT, so there's a decent footprint for them to roam, as well as an aquascape with places to hide, etc. The only other fish I have as of right now is a pretty small Kobe tang that does roam the rest of the tank, but also hangs out with the clowns in that corner from time to time.

I feed from that corner, so as soon as I approach it everyone comes up, but the two clowns stay there always. Again, not particularly suspecting illness, but wondering if anyone thinks it might be flow, or has any other suggestion.
 
Clowns are weird. Totally normal behavior. They will find a place and stay put until they decide to change spots. I had my perc stay at my overflow for over 3 years. Never ventured out much.
 
I have two tanks, and two sets of clowns, both do the same thing my small tanks the snowflakes are front left and my big tank my black and whites are back left. They do venture out occasionally, but 90% of the time they are in the corner. In my big tank I put a BTA close to the corner they like hoping they would go in it... nope they like the corner.
 
Where did you get Fire coral or fire coral skeletons!!???
Richards seashells in Florida, I got all my coral skeletons from him along with some sea fan skeletons . He's low on stock but he has red pipe organ coral skeletons and others.
 
My clowns do the same darn thing. During the day they explore though, but more or less stay near the front glass. At night they hang out in the corner. Mine are attempting to nest, brushing sand away.
 
They're likely actually "hosting" the corner due to a lack of anemone that they like in the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new