Clownfish injury or disease

newnoobreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday my 2 clownfish were perfectly fine i got home from work ready to feed and noticed something on one of my clownfish mouth it looks like my 2 clown fish we’re fighting and both of them have a something on there mouth with what looks like blood one is worse than the other really worried what should i do i just checked the parameters everything checks out just fine have had them for about 4-5 months please help

IMG_0665.jpeg IMG_0666.jpeg IMG_0670.jpeg IMG_0668.jpeg IMG_0667.jpeg

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday my 2 clownfish were perfectly fine i got home from work ready to feed and noticed something on one of my clownfish mouth it looks like my 2 clown fish we’re fighting and both of them have a something on there mouth with what looks like blood one is worse than the other really worried what should i do i just checked the parameters everything checks out just fine have had them for about 4-5 months please help

unsure... Seems like his lip/jaw/chin is swollen. looks bacterial hopefully not parasitic. Id recommend going to a LOCAL fish store NOT a chain fish store. They can help you. Move this clownfish into quarantine right away!

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Pics are distant to clearly see much but around jaw may be mucus and I see signs of aggression especially tail from another clown Or different occupant in tank.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N

newnoobreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
unsure... Seems like his lip/jaw/chin is swollen. looks bacterial hopefully not parasitic. Id recommend going to a LOCAL fish store NOT a chain fish store. They can help you. Move this clownfish into quarantine right away!
If it was bacterial wouldn’t other fish not just clown be affected too?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N

newnoobreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics are distant to clearly see much but around jaw may be mucus and I see signs of aggression especially tail from another clown Or different occupant in tank.
Yes i see that both of my clowns are constantly picking at each other i got them when they were very small and was told that it was normal behavior

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yes i see that both of my clowns are constantly picking at each other i got them when they were very small and was told that it was normal behavior
To a degree normal but can get overly aggressive, cause stress, injury and even death

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 43 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back