Clownfish internal or external parasites?

SaltySpitoon_2425

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 16, 2025
Messages
40
Reaction score
9
Location
Yucaipa
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
My small Ocellaris clownfish hasn’t been having a normal appetite for a couple of weeks now. Last week he ate a few pellets here and there but has been refusing to eat any food the majority of the time. He hasn’t eaten anything that I’ve fed to my tank this week but earlier this week and last week, I saw him poke at the glass every now and then probably eating copepods.

Yesterday and today I saw him trying to flash on the glass on the left corner of my tank and on the sand, he put his face up to the glass and sand like he was going to flash but he didn’t. Today I saw that he had some white stringy poop and my African Pygmy Angelfish ate it. I’ve read that white stringy poop can indicate internal parasites but could my clownfish have an external parasite since he wanted to flash? I’m not sure what he has and quarantining is not an option for me right now. What should I do?
 
Hello,
My small Ocellaris clownfish hasn’t been having a normal appetite for a couple of weeks now. Last week he ate a few pellets here and there but has been refusing to eat any food the majority of the time. He hasn’t eaten anything that I’ve fed to my tank this week but earlier this week and last week, I saw him poke at the glass every now and then probably eating copepods.

Yesterday and today I saw him trying to flash on the glass on the left corner of my tank and on the sand, he put his face up to the glass and sand like he was going to flash but he didn’t. Today I saw that he had some white stringy poop and my African Pygmy Angelfish ate it. I’ve read that white stringy poop can indicate internal parasites but could my clownfish have an external parasite since he wanted to flash? I’m not sure what he has and quarantining is not an option for me right now. What should I do?
White feces can also be excess mucus from feeding fatty foods like mysis and brine shrimp. To be assess the fish, please post a couple of pics, even video under bright white light intensity.
Is fish breathing normal or elevated?
Other fish eating?
Quarantining if an issue is the option.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new