Clownfish laying on sand bed.(lights on)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alexx17
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Alexx17

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 17, 2017
Messages
223
Reaction score
103
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
093F7D22-144E-4F5D-B441-E696CF7B0AD8.jpeg
I have 4 clowns and they all are ok. But one and only one lays on the sand bed. And it didn’t start doing this until, redish/dark green stuff was on the sand.
 
How big of a tank? How long has it been up and running? What are your your parameters? You have 4 clowns in the one tank?
 
32 biocube. Parameters are all zero. I had lfs Check then and I checked them. I do waters changes every other week. And this only started happening after the stuff on the sand appeared
 
32 biocube. Parameters are all zero. I had lfs Check then and I checked them. I do waters changes every other week. And this only started happening after the stuff on the sand appeared
Running little over one month. But I used api quick start and have put some in when I do water changes
 
32 biocube. Parameters are all zero. I had lfs Check then and I checked them. I do waters changes every other week. And this only started happening after the stuff on the sand appeared
32 biocube with 4 clowns in it though? And your parameters shouldn't be all 0, you should have some registered nitrates if the cycle is completed.
 
As those clowns grow up, they will begin to find who is the boss and if they cannot all get along, two will die. Just a warning. FME Could be stress, could be he is trying to get the algae on the sand to host him. Clownfish are weird. They will try to get hosted anywhere.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new