Clownfish Laying?

egwich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen my Clown do this once or twice (see link to video below) and I thought she was dead. I walked into the room and startled the fish a little, and she found this spot and started to "play dead". After thirty seconds she got back up and is swimming around happily. Is this normal? I've had my clowns for...ohhh three or four months now I believe.

I've been battling Flukes. On my second treatment of Prazi and the fish seem to be doing much better. Plan on treating one more round to make sure all the eggs are killed once hatched. So I'm a little concerned that this could be a sign of something like internal parasites, or the flukes as well...or my clown just being weird.

My parameters are 0 Nitrate, 0 Ammonia, 0 Nitrite. PH 8.2. Temp is 79.0.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say that’s not normal. I’ve not seen clowns do that before. That said, they’re strange behaving creatures.

Hopefully post-treatment this behavior ceases, but keep a close eye. Does she eat?

If so, feeding general cure and focus mixed in to food for 10-14 days is a great idea anyway.

OP
OP
E

egwich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say that’s not normal. I’ve not seen clowns do that before. That said, they’re strange behaving creatures.

Hopefully post-treatment this behavior ceases, but keep a close eye. Does she eat?

If so, feeding general cure and focus mixed in to food for 10-14 days is a great idea anyway.

She is eating fine. No odd behavior from her except that. I have some metro and focus being delivered tomorrow. Should I feed them that in conjunction with the Prazi treatment?

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 4.5%
Back