Pls Need urgent help

SaltAndScales

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 11, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
LBI
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was to of to come here because I may get a better answer and may get it quicker. I moved my queen angel from the QT to the main display last week. This past week she’s been a little shy but has been eating everyday. I came home from work today and she was tucked into a cave laying on her side breathing heavy. I immediately netted her and moved her back to the QT. She is now laying down but at least she is by herself. Pls I need help, I don’t know what happened or what it is. She also has a small mark on her right side, could be a small gash from the rocks I’m not sure.

IMG_2542.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • 661BBD96-473A-46D7-9279-F90EC0757CE1.mp4
    14.9 MB
I mostly keep nano fish, but understanding your stock could be helpful.

Have you noticed any fish aggression at all from the other fish, and what are the other fish you are keeping?

How many gallons is your tank, and how many fish are in it? If your fish has a small mark on it, my first bet would be that perhaps there has been some territorial disputing going on, especially if you qt'ed your fish and medicated and the fish was healthy in QT.


Is your QT the same salinity as your DT, and if not, did you drip acclimate it?
Some other things to look for are fin damage, if its present, and paired with the mark on your fish, than it's likely unseen aggression. Especially if it appears like damage and not some kind of growth or parasite. If you noticed any territorial disputes before it happened, then I'd wager that's the most likely culprit.
Have you noticed any other changes in your fishes behavior or temperament since you've moved it?

Best of luck here, I hope your little guy makes a recovery! Very stressful after QT'ing it, just to have this happen
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new