Clownfish not eating 2.0

jtlong

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I have a fairly new aquarium. After a fail at fish one go around, I have two new clownfish and they are a pair, so that is great news. I added them about a week ago, and like before they did not eat for the first day or two. One of them started to eat pellets, but the other one has turned down food no matter what it is. I will call the non water ‘she.’ She has not become emaciated and she is happily swimming with the other clownfish, and has since explored the tank. My water parameters seem to be ok. Last night and this morning I saw her nibbling off of the rocks possibly eating algae? I have read and heard that as long as the fish seem happy than not to worry and that they will eat when they are ready.

3B7C7435-645F-4F99-AE4E-CDCB4464A4D6.jpeg 26F905B5-788C-4ACF-AFBB-4C944A64ADDB.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6195.MOV
    52 MB

Moronta12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few Tips.
1- Try Frozen food.. They are carnivores
2- Don't turn off the flow, they also love to chase the food.
3- Remember be patient... They will eat soon or later

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have access to live baby brine shrimp, they are irresistible to fish. Good luck, she does look fat and happy. She could be eating pods if you have added them to your tank.

OP
OP
jtlong

jtlong

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will look for the baby brine shrimp. I have mysis shrimp that are frozen, still no luck. I have pods In my tank but I did not add them on purpose they came with the sand or live rocks In my tank. And at one point they were all over the glass of my tank.

OP
OP
jtlong

jtlong

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just thought I would finish this one up. So She was eating pods all along, and would not take anything else. However this morning she finally ate pellets and ate a lot. I guess I just should have bought some super chelated patience as with anything in this hobby! LoL I am sure that one will get robbed and reposted!

B613FA62-F154-4E3D-96F0-196B2C432234.jpeg

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 40.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 27.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back