Clownfish Odd Behavior

  • Thread starter Thread starter dhanking
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dhanking

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 29, 2020
Messages
344
Reaction score
199
Location
Somewhere over the rainbow.
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clownfish are behaving strangely, at least, I think so. I am not sure. They are right up in the glass as if they are trying to get out when there is so much space and hiding places. Do you guys have any idea what is happening?
 
Sounds like normal behavior....they will host the corners of the tank
 
does that mean that if I get an anemone then they will stop being in the corner?
If you get a natural host anemone, it's very likely they will host anemone and then you'll see slight aggression for a week or so where domini clown won't let submissive one go in anemone. After about a week they will both host it.

If you get a non natural host anemone, it's hit or miss.
 
they will probably also move over time if they are new additions. mine started off in corners and then later picked underneath a rock arch I built for my scape. Their natural behavior is to kind of stick to one smaller region most of the time and move back in forth in a sort of figure 8-like motion.
 
My pair started out in a rock structure, moved to a coral skeleton and now hang out in the front corner. I plan on getting them a nem after the move. They are ocellaris clowns, so thinking gigantic or mag.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new