Red Sea S-1000 build

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was expecting it to be delivered in late August, but freight company called this morning and said they're delivering today between 12p-4pm. . Starting a new job so super stressful to get an early shipment but it's all good. :). Here's some pictures of how it looks on freight, I'll post what my plan is when I have more time. Hint: bigger home for my anemones and going to get in the world of SPS and larger tangs.
20210715_145546.jpg

20210715_145508.jpg

20210715_145245.jpg

20210713_131637.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Congrats and nothing like setting up a new tank!

OP
OP
sprungson

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the build going?
Hey there, its going kind of slow. The fact that I had no heads-up from Red Sea that it was going to be delivered, left me completely unplanned (expecting it late August). Anyways, im happy its here though!

Currently, I'm struggling with finding movers. The S-1000 is in its own league as the glass aquarium is 590lbs, vs 436 lbs of the 750XXL. A lot of LFS are either busy or have not helped set-up an S-1000 before. 2 LFS said they couldnt help because they did not have staff, and 3 others had to think about it (and none have come back so far). I also inquired about movers to help me move the tank from the drive way (my garage is a room) to inside the house in one of the rooms, and about 75% of movers said they could not help because it was glass and 590 lbs. I was able to find a mover (with good reviews) to come out today around 3PM to help me with the move.

The other problem I have is that the stand is underneath the aquarium inside the crate, so unfortunately, I won't be able to have these movers help me move it on top of the stand (as i need to assemble it first). But, I bought two of those wooden dollies that i plan to have them set it on. Hopefully, I can find some relatives and friends (maybe 6-7 people) to just come over and lift it on top of the stand.

It's also probably going to take me a few weeks to set-up since I started a new job, and I still need to make 265 gallons of water. I also have not even thought about aquascape (nor bought the rocks).

I do plan to move over the following from my existing tanks:
-2 Large mertensii anemone
-1 large gigantea yellow anemone
-1 large blue haddoni
- 1 green pizza anemone (maybe, not sure yet)
-1 or 2 red haddoni (might just move over 1)
-Purple tang
-Yellow tang
-Hippo tang
-2 occ clowns
-1 saddleback clown
-2 skunk clowns
-fox face
-1 starry blenny
- coral beauty
-mandarin
-1 clam

equipment:
-3 AP9X kessils
-Pax Bellum N24 algae reactor
-Octo skimmer
-Havent thought about return pump yet
-4 350F maxspect wavemakers

OP
OP
sprungson

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to mention, i plan to transfer a bunch of rock and sand from my old tank, so i dont need to cycle. Just need to buy more rocks to make a nice aquascape. I plan to use Stax as i like how they look a lot.

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice!

Can't wait to see your progress!

I too am interested in the S-1000.

OP
OP
sprungson

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's now in the room! $837 just for 4 movers to move it from outside to in the room. Now I have to assemble stand and find some friends to help lift on top stand. I have a busy work week so I won't get to this until next week.
20210718_162310.jpg
20210718_165832.jpg

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wonder how you will like the black Euro-bracing...

I am trying to decide if I like it or not...

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love it. It is the main reason I chose this over the waterbox. And the bracing is not on the back side so you can still mount your lights.
Yeah... the Red Sea is taller also at 25.6" tall which is a plus - where the Waterbox is only 23.6" tall.

OP
OP
sprungson

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah... the Red Sea is taller also at 25.6" tall which is a plus - where the Waterbox is only 23.6" tall.
One thing to highly consider is WB has stand fully assembled so you just need someone to come help move the stand on top. It's longer and has a higher total volume. I'm ok with less water volume as I don't think I have enough power in my circuits to power a heater and the additional lights.

OP
OP
sprungson

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing to highly consider is WB has stand fully assembled so you just need someone to come help move the stand on top. It's longer and has a higher total volume. I'm ok with less water volume as I don't think I have enough power in my circuits to power a heater and the additional lights.
Tank on top of stand lol.

OP
OP
sprungson

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome! I'm still waiting for mine and really nervous about getting it inside and on top of the stand .

Do you have any idea of how you'd like the rockscape to be?
I really like stax. I definitely need to start thinking about this and will have a plan before next week. I'll share with you

OP
OP
sprungson

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@bdouglas119 hey, when you screwed in "V12" did you need a wrench to be able to do that? I figured the key was all that was needed but having a hard time tightening it. Not a handy person so just trying to figure out if I need additional tools for cabinet assembly

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back