Red Sea S-1000 build

bdouglas119

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@bdouglas119 hey, when you screwed in "V12" did you need a wrench to be able to do that? I figured the key was all that was needed but having a hard time tightening it. Not a handy person so just trying to figure out if I need additional tools for cabinet assembly
I used the provided bit in my impact driver. a cordless drill will work too

OP
OP
sprungson

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a dewalt 20v impact. I've had it for probably 6 years at this point. Its a great tool, I used to work at a high end car electronics shop and used it every day
Cool thanks a lot man. It's on sale for 99. Imma pick one up. Stupid question. Is it as simple as putting the bit in and then turning it on?

TL1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome!! I followed bdouglas119's build, as I've also purchased the S-1000.

My tank is being delivered to my LFS tomorrow, but I have to wait until our house is finished later this year before the build can begin. Lots of time to plan.

Congrats man!

OP
OP
sprungson

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My tank is being delivered to my LFS tomorrow, but I have to wait until our house is finished later this year before the build can begin. Lots of time to plan.

Congrats man!
So nice of your LFS to store for you. This thing is huge.

OP
OP
sprungson

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here comes the fun!
20210720_073945.jpg

Enchanted Reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Congrats man!
When did you order your aquarium?

OP
OP
sprungson

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a dewalt 20v impact. I've had it for probably 6 years at this point. Its a great tool, I used to work at a high end car electronics shop and used it every day

Late February/Early March if I'm not mistaken. Like a week or so after the unveiling.
I got really lucky with mine. Ordered on June 27th and arrived July 15th.

OP
OP
sprungson

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah definitely lucked out in that regard.. I've known the owner since I was a kid and went there with my dad, 15+ yrs.
I also sympathize with you as you will have to find movers to move it from fish store to your new home. People were so toxic to me on FB about how I was struggling to find movers to help me move the tank. They were talking about how organized they were with their 750XXL. Keep in mind that 750XXL weighs 436lbs and s-1000 is 590 lbs. There's not a lot of people that can help with the logistics of moving this thing.

TL1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also sympathize with you as you will have to find movers to move it from fish store to your new home. People were so toxic to me on FB about how I was struggling to find movers to help me move the tank. They were talking about how organized they were with their 750XXL. Keep in mind that 750XXL weighs 436lbs and s-1000 is 590 lbs. There's not a lot of people that can help with the logistics of moving this thing.
Yikes. I can't imagine. Once again I've lucked out. LFS does tons of megatanks... $150/hr... he has a 1200 and 900gallon in his store alone.

Pico bam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along, I know somebody who's giving away a 400 gallon close to me. Only problem is moving it. If it wasn't so difficult it would already in my house full of water, fish and coral.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back