OP
sprungson

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a small mertensii for about a year. It hasn't gotten big and I never feed it. Don't mind the dirty glass it's in my 25G I never clean
20210727_141555.jpg

OP
OP
sprungson

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20210722_133640.jpg
20210712_161745.jpg
The mertensii I believe you have that down as the easiest to care for. I'm not gonna run out and buy one by anymeans as I have a lot of changes coming in the near future to my tanks. But I have always wanted a nice big carpet nem ;). I should have plenty of room soon once the fish room is wired up and the tanks are bought. How long have you been keeping the carpet anemones?
Not long. 2 years but the past two years the only thing I've focused on are anemones. There's only a couple of people that have had mertensii here that I've seen R2R. I say they're easy as I've had them in a tank full of infected anemones and they were not impacted. My ATO once dumped RODI in my tank and it was unbothered. It can withstand low light, high light, low flow and high flow. For the most part they do enjoy higher flow. Also they're not that sticky and may not be able to catch some fishes. I've never seen any swim into its my experience touching it. So I've come to conclude they're just super hardy.

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Outstanding. Must have taken forever to fill and mix. That Naso fits right in and must love all the swim length.

rsaylor3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are trying to decide between the 850 And 1000 right now! So excited to watch folks start setting up theirs! I was able to look one over at my local fish store. Seems so we'll made!

How many people did you have help you lift the tank onto the stand? What suction cups did you use? And how did they hold up and work for the lift?

Thanks for the info and make sure you keep posting About your new tank

OP
OP
sprungson

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are trying to decide between the 850 And 1000 right now! So excited to watch folks start setting up theirs! I was able to look one over at my local fish store. Seems so we'll made!

How many people did you have help you lift the tank onto the stand? What suction cups did you use? And how did they hold up and work for the lift?

Thanks for the info and make sure you keep posting About your new tank
If you can go with the s-1000. Some things to consider though is if you have enough electricity to support the tank. I had an electrician come out for a dedicated circuit to support 1000 w heater and all the lights. Also consider evaporation and if you're willing to make water everyday. It's pretty dry here. I think I'm losing 2-3 gallons a day. 850 is a lot less heavier than s-1000. You'll need 6 people to help lift the tank.

Here's a pic of the sump today. I finished setting up the sump. Tomorrow imma do some cable management. :(

20210731_172158.jpg

All fish and almost all nems are doing ok. I did lose my green gig during the transfer. Everything else is ok.

bobyboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard to tell from your images, is the under cabinet area all one big open space?
I'm wanting to use the addon tank as a mini frag tank and was thinking about hanging a light in the section but am concerned about spillage into the sump and the reverse for a fuge light.

OP
OP
sprungson

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard to tell from your images, is the under cabinet area all one big open space?
I'm wanting to use the addon tank as a mini frag tank and was thinking about hanging a light in the section but am concerned about spillage into the sump and the reverse for a fuge light.
There is a divider. You can use the second tank they have as a secondary frag tank and the light won't spill over to the other side of the tank. I'll send some pics when I'm home

smariner007

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice, looking forward to S-850 arriving in about a month! If you could, please send over some photos of your sump setup.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back