Clownfish pair started fighting

KevinC

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 29, 2019
Messages
634
Reaction score
427
Location
nyc
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I have a pair of midnight and Wyoming white clownfish that laid eggs before until recently I moved them into the display tank and they stopped. I also notice there is some aggression problem going on. Any idea what’s going on? The female is 3 inch and male is 2.75 inch. Thanks!
 
A move can trigger a need to reestablish hierarchy. Not unheard of and something that you should monitor while (hopefully) they sort it out. Good luck!

#clownfish
 
its getting a little aggressive, should i separate them for a while?
 
its getting a little aggressive, should i separate them for a while?
There are a lot of different perspectives on your question. When I have been in similar situations I typically wait to separate them until I see body damage/wounds or the fins are getting infected. Although it gives them a break, often if you separate them at this point it can restart the hierarchy building process (aka aggression) to a point earlier in the process. You may want to change the aquascape, add additional hiding places, or some other distraction.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new