Clownfish pair

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kirstin
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kirstin

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 21, 2019
Messages
54
Reaction score
7
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 40 gallon breeder. About 7 months ago I bought 2 Black Ice Clownfish. They are now about 2 inches. There has been no difference in size, both are the same. Do I have 2 females? Can I add a small snowflake or other ocellaris? The 2 I have are always together, does it take longer for 1 to become a larger female? One did have an orange nose but that is nearly gone, if that means anything.
Thank you

B7B09656-D5D0-41DE-9BC9-D6669DDAB26C.jpeg
 
Watch out for aggression in them. It may take longer for one to assert its dominance, but they should still eventually decide. It could take a bit for them to actually start showing sex characteristics. I would guess that they are or will soon be paired, but without observing that is only a guess. I wouldn’t go ahead and introduce another clown as that could possibly throw off the pairing process if they haven’t completely bonded yet.
 
Thank you, I was not sure how long it took for one to become female and since they have been growing equally I was curious. So far the only aggression has been directed at my scooter Benny. Curiously they ignore the spotted mandarin. I will keep an eye on them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new