Clownfish pooping white specs, ideas?

  • Thread starter Thread starter George03
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

George03

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 20, 2025
Messages
195
Reaction score
71
Location
Dover
What state or country do you live in
New Hampshire
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like this. I think it is the female. I have seen it spew out like little military airborne parachutes coming out of her with pretty good force, in specks, not a white string. Happy, healthy, eating, no stress tank. Side thought, I have to clean my filters tonight also.


1754669767709.jpeg
1754669996359.jpeg
 
Looks like this. I think it is the female. I have seen it spew out like little military airborne parachutes coming out of her with pretty good force, in specks, not a white string. Happy, healthy, eating, no stress tank. Side thought, I have to clean my filters tonight also.


1754669767709.jpeg
1754669996359.jpeg
Fish may be egg bound. To assure its not intestinal, feed brine shrimp which acts as a laxative.
Helpful will be a video under white light- No blue please
 
Thank you, I will do. It happens so suddenly by chance I was able to see it. I will see what I can do. Come to think about it, there was a time when this started they looked as though they were working on a pad location.
 
I should rephrase that, have been battling dinos, but I think that is clearing up now. Things seem settled down, doubled UV. I mean to say no critter drama they all get along.
 
update, after a few days of brine, I saw the male push out the mucus bits. Other than that, they are both blissfully acting fine. Its probably just a thing, needed a little roughage in the diet.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new