Clownfish red spot on side

shew

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this is a bruise or some sort of bacterial infection (read other threads, seems to be split between the two)

Parameters are normal, fish has been with me for 3 months now. Also, it's been getting bullied a lot by the other clown. I think they're sorting out whose female and whose male

Attachments

• video-1609746125.mp4
    3.3 MB
Last edited:

Jonify

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this is a bruise or some sort of bacterial infection (read other threads, seems to be split between the two)

Parameters are normal, fish has been with me for 3 months now. Also, it's been getting bullied a lot by the other clown. I think they're sorting out whose female and whose male

I can't see the video, consider posting to YouTube or Vimeo and posting that link here instead. That said, clowns can incur a little "damage" from trying to host various coral. Normally looks like tiny, dark spots on their bodies. It usually goes away in a few weeks.

OP
OP
S

shew

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't see the video, consider posting to YouTube or Vimeo and posting that link here instead. That said, clowns can incur a little "damage" from trying to host various coral. Normally looks like tiny, dark spots on their bodies. It usually goes away in a few weeks.

updated with youtube!

Jonify

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! If they're eating fine and behaving normally (can Clowns even behave normally?!) it's probably just a sting from a coral, and is nothing to worry about. The spot should go away.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like it could be Uronema. Take a look at the article here that discusses this disease. Click on the PDF link on the right hand side of this page:

Jay

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 9.3%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 71 47.3%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back