Dimple on one side of Clownfish head

Cchamberland

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for you advice on my skinny clown! I've added pellets to its diet and it seems to slowly be gaining weight.

I did notice today that it has a very small dimple on the side of it's head, which I've tried to capture in this photo. I'm reading it could be normal, but I wanted to know what you all thought. Thank you!

clown2.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks for you advice on my skinny clown! I've added pellets to its diet and it seems to slowly be gaining weight.

I did notice today that it has a very small dimple on the side of it's head, which I've tried to capture in this photo. I'm reading it could be normal, but I wanted to know what you all thought. Thank you!

clown2.jpg
This has popped up a lot lately and is considered as bruising. In many cases we have seen fish improve and some deteriorate. It is more noticeable with the white portions and with Tank bred species. It is suspected to be an internal uronema but Unconfirmed. You can try with no guarantee to treat in a separate tank using seachem kanaplex which is easily absorbed by fish both internally and externally

OP
OP
C

Cchamberland

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has popped up a lot lately and is considered as bruising. In many cases we have seen fish improve and some deteriorate. It is more noticeable with the white portions and with Tank bred species. It is suspected to be an internal uronema but Unconfirmed. You can try with no guarantee to treat in a separate tank using seachem kanaplex which is easily absorbed by fish both internally and externally
Thank you! This is very helpful.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 45 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back