Clownfish rehoming

Codeblack88

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 8, 2021
Messages
212
Reaction score
48
Location
New Jersey
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, so my black premium snowflake clown (female) has been bullying my picasso clownfish (male) for the last year. This bullying is past pairing fighting to fin biting and holding, 30 min chases around the tank, and bullying the male into the rocks. So I think I need to rehome/sell one of them. But idk which. So my question is which one can be rehomed with the best chance of repairing with a new clown?
 
If you rehime the male and get the smallest possible juvenile to pair with the female it should immediately back down when she challenges it and thus become the submissive male. She will be happy Because she scared the life out of him and will accept him as her mate. I’ve had this work 3 times. One time with a Maroon that was almost as big as my hand. And she was feisty.
 
A little update and advice for anyone. So the picasso is a percula clownfish and the snowflake is a ocellaris so thats prob why they don't get along. just another reminder to google before you buy.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new