Clownfish Slinging Sand on Chalice

ReefGrammie

Back After a Long Hiatus
View Badges
Joined
Nov 23, 2019
Messages
2,650
Reaction score
13,547
Location
Tennessee
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Avatar chalice is a few inches off the bottom on a piece of live rock. It's away from everything else and has been doing well, other than my clownfish stays in that corner and likes to sling sand everywhere. Is this bad for the chalice? I can move it a few inches in, but I'm worried about it stinging other corals. How long are the sweepers? Right now, I'd say it's a good 8 inches away from anything else. I wouldn't move it except for the sand issue!
 
Clowns can be a nuisance sometimes. Mine nosedives into my scolys mouth. I think he knows I like that coral and is out to get me.
 
Clowns can be a nuisance sometimes. Mine nosedives into my scolys mouth. I think he knows I like that coral and is out to get me.

Yes, they can! My clown is 11 years old, so I try not to give him too hard of a time. I finally moved the chalice to the other side of the tank. If the clown moves over there and starts slinging sand, I will think the exact same thing!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.4%
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new