Clownfish starting to fade?

Reef Jay

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi how's everyone going. I woke up this morning after adding my led light fixture, a clean up crew, and some coral and a little bit of carbon and noticed that my clownfishs face was starting to fade white. They seem to be ok but I didn't get much time to look because i have school... im worried sick about it and don't know what I'm dealing with. If anyone has any ideas please let me know

OP
OP
Reef Jay

Reef Jay

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will do when I get home. That could be very possible but they seemed to be swimming a little more aggressively than normal.

GThompson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are a strange fish when it comes to normal behavior. One day just chillin next spazzing out. I think that is how they got their name “ clown”. Good luck with them

Ralph Ritoch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you really think they are sick you could try a U.V. filter. I use one on my tank but since I'm using NSW and found some research that showed that corals do better with NSW than they do with reef roids I've cut back on how often I run it. One day I feed reef roids, next day I feed flake (for my finicky flowerpots) the next day I run the U.V. filter. Either way, my reason for U.V. light is to keep my fish from getting sick from the NSW which could have any kinds of bacteria and virii in it.

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id be concerned with brooklynella... it typically seems to present on the anterior portion of the clown fish first and could look like "less coloration" at the beginning before it gets that topical mucus sheathing look. Pics will help a lot.

My clowns did fade in coloration during sustained copper treatment while in quarantine... but brightened up after being in the DT after a few months with normal water parameters. But that was their entire bodies, not just a portion of these fish that lightened up.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 47 48.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 52 53.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 22 22.4%
  • None.

Votes: 26 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.2%
Back