clownfish stirring up sand

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nem0
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Nem0

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 8, 2019
Messages
402
Reaction score
167
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clown has been going into the sand and then really rapidly shaking, stirring up the sand. probably does it 3-4 times a day. I don't think it is rubbing against the sand for an itch/ich. the clown looks very healthy, I QTd before introduction and have not added anything new in the tank in months. any others have fish doing this? curious to why my clown may be doing it!
 
Looking for a clean spot to lay egg maybe.
 
Looking for a clean spot to lay egg maybe.

I was thinking it had something to do with nesting. I believe my clown recently became a female (it has showed much more signs of aggression / being territorial that it was not showing before)
 
You can place a red clay flower pot in there and see what happens.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new