Clownfish struggling with flow

sascoaquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all
I have had my clownfish for 3-4 years now and for flow I added a Nero 5 to my aio they have been fine with it running at 5% (it’s oversized for the tank) for about 1 year now, and recently I decided to switch the side it was on because the flow was not reaching the clove polyps below it, but after a day of that they were just hiding in the corner, and every time it turned of for example 5 mins before food they would swim around the tank and act normal, so I decided to turn the Nero of for an hour and they again acted normal e.g so after a day of it off I decided to switch it to the other side because they were clearly finding it too powerful (after dropping to 1%) but even now on the same spot it was they are doing the same swimming in the bottom and then the second it’s off swimming around like usual. I was wondering what I should do? Because my Gonipora needs it on or it puffs up or retracts

Stealthreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rearrange the rock if you can to create a place that doesn't get high flow that they can relax in.
It looks ugly but I put a coffee cup in my tank sometimes if new fish can't seem to get a hang of the flow and they end up in the cup.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish will adapt, don't worry. Unless you tank is a whirlpool, and I don't get that impression, they will be fine. They probably freaked out by the change of flow, and you likely are probably hanging around the tank a lot to adjust the flow. Give them a little time.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 131 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.1%
Back