Clownfish Personalities

officialreefbros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's been your experience with clownfish personalities? Does it vary much with the type?

We have a frostbite and normal that attack the surface of the tank. The frostbite almost jumps out attacking food!

2 Phantoms that are the most docile fish I've seen. They hide from any splash and only go after food if it floats in front of their face. Other than that they just kinda chill in their spot

2 long fin mochas that are very playful swimming around the whole tank through rockwork actively. They hunt food well.

Anyone have experiences like this that the types have trends or is it just normal luck of the draw?

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to think fish are similar to humans in that each one has its own little personality quirks... for example, I have a pair of ocellaris in my display. The female is super chill, but the male viciously attacks anything that goes near their anemone, including my hand or tools. On the other hand, I have a pair of gold flake maroons in my frag tank. Maroons are "known" to be the spawn of satan, but mine simply hang out by their rock in the corner, and gently eat food from my hands.

OP
OP
officialreefbros

officialreefbros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to think fish are similar to humans in that each one has its own little personality quirks... for example, I have a pair of ocellaris in my display. The female is super chill, but the male viciously attacks anything that goes near their anemone, including my hand or tools. On the other hand, I have a pair of gold flake maroons in my frag tank. Maroons are "known" to be the spawn of satan, but mine simply hang out by their rock in the corner, and gently eat food from my hands.
yeah it's interesting. I wonder if there is anything like dogs where there is always a lot of variation but like some types are more of x and y. Like maybe a Picasso is more friendly

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back