OP
OP
Raazka

Raazka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I would go with the Ruby Rally Pro - though it's unclear exactly what is being treated. Another option would be to wait a day or so - and try to get a better handle on progression/aggression, etc. BUT - I would have a treatment ordered/on the way.
The fastest Ruby rally pro I can get only arrives in 9-10 days, I hope she’ll either hold up or get better…

In the meantime, would it still be good to isolate the male?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The fastest Ruby rally pro I can get only arrives in 9-10 days, I hope she’ll either hold up or get better…

In the meantime, would it still be good to isolate the male?
It would depend on how you would do it. Putting him in an acclimation box, etc - will be stressful. Are you sure you can't contact one of the companies that sell Ruby Rally Pro - and have them expedite shipping?

OP
OP
Raazka

Raazka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would depend on how you would do it. Putting him in an acclimation box, etc - will be stressful. Are you sure you can't contact one of the companies that sell Ruby Rally Pro - and have them expedite shipping?
Either out of stock or can’t because I’m in Canada.

I just got back from school and went to check on her, she changed spot and when I placed my finger above the water she went to check it out. Didn’t eat the pellet I offered her though. Still breathing kinda fast and swimming normally/not fast.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Either out of stock or can’t because I’m in Canada.

I just got back from school and went to check on her, she changed spot and when I placed my finger above the water she went to check it out. Didn’t eat the pellet I offered her though. Still breathing kinda fast and swimming normally/not fast.
OK - well - I'm not sure what another solution would be - unless you can speak to a veterinarian and see if you can get chloraquine phosphate or if there is a local source for formaldehyde

therootcause

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd put her in a QT box away from the other fish. If unable to place back in the tank, rehome. If signs of disease appear change course of action.

therootcause

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OK - well - I'm not sure what another solution would be - unless you can speak to a veterinarian and see if you can get chloraquine phosphate or if there is a local source for formaldehyde

These are big asks my dude. Especially for a clownfish with no outward signs of infection or parasite unless I missed something in the thread.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
These are big asks my dude. Especially for a clownfish with no outward signs of infection or parasite unless I missed something in the thread.

I'd put her in a QT box away from the other fish. If unable to place back in the tank, rehome. If signs of disease appear change course of action.
It's a difficult situation. First, the OP stated he did not have the ability to set up a separate tank, so (my opinion) if it is a choice between an acclimation box and leaving the fish in the tank I would leave the fish in the tank.

Second - 2 of the other fish medics have weighed in with the suggestion that the rapid breathing may be a sign of illness, and one recommended various potential treatments for brooklynella.

Third, since the OP didn't QT the fish, it means that several things may be going on, and though my recommendation was 'observe' in case there is some bullying, stress, etc, However, I also think its prudent to try to get a hold of a medication that can be used in a display tank.

OP
OP
Raazka

Raazka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing that I have is a HOB breeding box, so still connected to the tank because of the water exchange.

I think I’ll wait a day or two to see if anything pops up on her or if she gets better. I’m scared that isolating her could make her situation worse because of stress, I’ve loss sick freshwater fish just by putting them in QT.

therootcause

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Second - 2 of the other fish medics have weighed in with the suggestion that the rapid breathing may be a sign of illness, and one recommended various potential treatments for brooklynella.

Without calling in to question the knowledge of our two experts, as I have trusted them with my own fish, I was surprised to see brooklynella mentioned as suspect "based on breathing and swim behavior". He could still be right - let's hope it's something else.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Without calling in to question the knowledge of our two experts, as I have trusted them with my own fish, I was surprised to see brooklynella mentioned as suspect "based on breathing and swim behavior". He could still be right - let's hope it's something else.
well - I guess I would consider myself one of the 5 experts on the team

vaguelyreeflike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Video I took before leaving for school

This is not what I was picturing, and does lean more towards signs of early illness. It might still be beneficial to keep the male away from her for now, but still in the same tank, to avoid him picking on her or further stressing her out.

therootcause

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well - I guess I would consider myself one of the 5 experts on the team

Rather than roast you for sounding like a self absorbed d- bag...
The Office Thank You GIF

OP
OP
Raazka

Raazka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well - I guess I would consider myself one of the 5 experts on the tea
Hi! Little 24 hours update on my girl.

She’s a lot more active around the tank, had a normal poop yesterday evening, is interacting with the male and showed interest in food (though she still spit a lot out). Her breathing seems to match the other clownfish.

Could it have been that something scared her yesterday?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi! Little 24 hours update on my girl.

She’s a lot more active around the tank, had a normal poop yesterday evening, is interacting with the male and showed interest in food (though she still spit a lot out). Her breathing seems to match the other clownfish.

Could it have been that something scared her yesterday?
It sounds like it might have been something temporary - I would continue to observe. I still think it makes sense to have a medication available - if not for this fish - then one in the future. Glad she seems better.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 21 13.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.9%
Back