Clownfish tail ripped up and has whitish on side fins anyone know what it is or what I should do thanks

saltwatertabk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clownfish tail ripped up and has whitish on side fins anyone know what it is or what I should do thanks

IMG_8827.jpeg IMG_8826.jpeg IMG_8819.jpeg IMG_8822.jpeg

OP
OP
S

saltwatertabk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also forgot to mention sorry phosphates and nitrates and ammonia is all low not a problem just had water checked earlier and he has a good appetite eats a lot

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Please post pics under white light intensity for best assessment. May be aggression, but pics too dark to really tell

OP
OP
S

saltwatertabk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please post pics under white light intensity for best assessment. May be aggression, but pics too dark to really tell
Sorry yeah tank was at night but I can give a description his back fin is freyed I had a coral banded and a damsel which both went after him so I took them out which could be responsible but the fin seems to be doing better but I just noticed some whitish coloration on his side fins I’ll have to see tomorrow what he looks like and post a picture under white light but I’ve been feeding him daily and feeding him garlic soaked food which seemed to help

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Sorry yeah tank was at night but I can give a description his back fin is freyed I had a coral banded and a damsel which both went after him so I took them out which could be responsible but the fin seems to be doing better but I just noticed some whitish coloration on his side fins I’ll have to see tomorrow what he looks like and post a picture under white light but I’ve been feeding him daily and feeding him garlic soaked food which seemed to help
Garlic boost immunity and will do nothing for this. likely aggression damage which should heal on own as long as aggression has ceased. If rot, will be bacterial and require treatment which is my request for pics to confirm.

OP
OP
S

saltwatertabk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Garlic boost immunity and will do nothing for this. likely aggression damage which should heal on own as long as aggression has ceased. If rot, will be bacterial and require treatment which is my request for pics to confirm.
Can you veiw this I turned in white light which tweaked him out

Attachments

• IMG_8846.mov
    32.9 MB

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright thank you very much for helping any signs you should look for if a fish has fin rot just for future knowledge thanks for your wisdom

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

I couldn't see much in the video, the fin looks pretty good. The clown was "glass surfing" but that may be a reaction to you being close while videoing it.

One thing - you might ask the store you got it from if this was a wild caught clownfish. It has coloration like one. Wild clownfish are prone to a disease called Brooklynella.

Jay

OP
OP
S

saltwatertabk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

I couldn't see much in the video, the fin looks pretty good. The clown was "glass surfing" but that may be a reaction to you being close while videoing it.

One thing - you might ask the store you got it from if this was a wild caught clownfish. It has coloration like one. Wild clownfish are prone to a disease called Brooklynella.

Jay
My store gets all fish from ORA, but I'm not sure if this has any impact. I've noticed that every time the lights go out, the clownfish starts swimming erratically all over the tank. I initially thought it might be because he doesn't have anywhere to go, so I bought him a toadstool. I'll have to see if he will host it.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My store gets all fish from ORA, but I'm not sure if this has any impact. I've noticed that every time the lights go out, the clownfish starts swimming erratically all over the tank. I initially thought it might be because he doesn't have anywhere to go, so I bought him a toadstool. I'll have to see if he will host it.
Good - that means it was captive raised.

Jay

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 77 79.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.2%
Back