Clownfish wont eat day 8

pookie

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2024
Messages
196
Reaction score
94
Location
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I recently had my male clownfish murdered by an angelfish and got another clown the next day. I got a small orange storm clownfish from my lfs which was still in the bag of ORA. So technically he is from ora as he never touched the stores water. Anyway today is day 8 of not eating and really concerned now. First 4 days he was in the tank with the female in a acclimation box and wouldn't eat anything. Keep in mind I never saw either of these two react to eachother as he was next to her. After day 4 I took him out and put him in a spare 5 gallon. He has not eaten ANYTHING EXCEPT baby brine shrimp fresh hatched i found this out day 6. I have tried as follows: black worms, blood worms, mysis, spurluna, LRS, clam, muscle, flakes, pellets (TDO-Small) and marine nutrition pellets. what the heck is this clowns problem?!?!?

Couple of notes: I have not tried garlic, I am treating the tank with stress guard (He is absolutely terrified of me from the start) and metroplex because that's what I had on hand.


Anyone have any more suggestions? I'm not hatching brine shrimp for the rest of this guys life... angelfish is gone now (I sold him) maybe just toss him in? I haven't seen him poop so I can't see if it's white for internal parasites.
 
My clownfishes took a while to start eating as well. They would peck at the rock and glass, but not touch food. I tried only pellets since day one. One thing that helped was crush the pellets so it would be easier for them to eat, since they were small. Eventually they started eating. Just keep trying feeding and I'm confident he will start eating
 
Last edited:
Keep feeding live brine shrimp until he starts eating someting else. You can also try Golden pearls, which comes in various sizes. Some fish don't react well to shipping and new environments, even tank raised. It is not unusual IME to have captive bred clownfish not eat at first. Just keep an eye on ammonia in such a small tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new